Doctor Drivel

Default Erbauer sliding mitre saw

wrote in message
ups.com...

Andy Hall wrote:

It is as close to it as makes little difference.

In comparison with the Bosch GSA24VE, most definitely.

Certainly, in comparison to the Makita 6337 and Festool products.

I've used one. In comparison to the Elu designs such as the DW625
and CMT, it is distinctly poor.

That does not make it entry level and there's a big difference between
those products and Ferm.

Matt/Lord Hall, thinks all power tools except Makita are DIY, so you have to
know the mentality of Matt/Lord Hall. In the Screwfix book.. A Ryobi 18v
for £164 (some cheap DIY eh) next to a Makita 18v for £179. The Makita has
3 batteries to the Riobi two, so about the same price.

I'm not positively influenced by SF's marketing of Erbauer.

Why not? Erbauer has a slot in the book with a cutaway pointing at the
quality of the drill, Jacobs chuck, etc. It is clearly aimed at the pro
market. A Google gives some positive reports, and a 3yr "professional"
guarantee. They are well priced and quality products.