Rich

Default Service door in a garage door

Why don't you cut a hole in the brick and install a regular door?

"Todd" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm curious if there is a garage door available that has a service door
built into it. Or a design that I can build.

I have a brick garage with no service door, so the only way into the
garage is by opening the 9' x 7' garage door. I'm about to replace my
garage door. That way I can walk thru the service door instead of
opening the garage door. Especially nice when the garage is heated in
the winter. I understand the structual complexity of this request, but
perhaps somebody has figure it out. (My '69 Dodge wagon had a tailgate
that could swing down or open like a door. If they can do that....)

I currently have the typical modern residential panel door that rolls
up. I'm willing to consider other designs to get this feature.

I've seen service doors in airplane hangar doors, but those are very
large bi-fold doors. Those door hang on the outside of the building
and require exterior headroom which I do not have.

Any ideas?