larry

Default Alternative utility providers

wrote:
Follow up -

Ed,
I relooked at the numbers and saw what you meant. The actual "supply"
savings would have been on the order of $.01/kwh, not $.05. So, it
comes to about $10/mo or so, if there are no service fees or other
charges.

It's wonderful when regulation steps in and makes things as difficult
as possible for the consumer to figure out. Since my last post, I've
read countless articles on how confusing this process is and how you
have to dig into the details to see whether or not it makes sense.
(sic)

Thanks,
Dave

In Texas, we have state standardized "rate cards", that were
correct for the previous quarter.

Several years ago, I changed my electricity supplier. For
two months, the minimum period before I could switch back
;-) After the added meter reading, delivery and higher mrc
charges, I was paying $9 more than the original provider, I
did save $1 on energy cost though. But I use less than
1,000 KWH /mo. This is the frugal group, right? The retail
providers, "competitors" are just understaffed billing
companies.

It's just another government game, making you think they
gave you something. (Well, our PUC commision did get dragged
to DC with our former gov, he got paid)

Unless you use megaWH, your benefit will be the $25 DIY card
they give you for switching. good luck,

-larry / dallas