AlexW

Default Grrrrr B&Q Grrrrrr

Dave wrote:
Earlier this year I bought a 14.4V PPro drill, the bearings are starting
to get loose and the chuck is a bit wobbly so I decided to take it back
under the 3 year warranty and get a replacement. Unfortunately I
couldn't find the receipt but assumed that this wouldn't be a problem
because it was obviously not very old and seemed to have a date code on
the base of the drill body.

I'd expected them to apologise for my inconvenience and deal with it in
a couple of minutes to get a satisfied customer and move to the next
management issue, instead we spent about an hour trying to find my
transaction in their system - to cut a long story short they refused to
take it back without the receipt. They turned a minor quality problem
into a thoroughly p*ssed off dissatisfied customer.

I'll write to their head office (anyone know the names of the senior
managers?) but what are my rights?

Dave

Maybe try a few more branches of B&Q, IME someone will give in, and its
more immediate than letters...

HTH,

Alex.