Windy Miller Windy Miller is offline
Junior Member

Default Wacky Windmill Damp

Hi there,
I have recently moved into a windmill (sloping walls) and there is a problem with penetrating damp on the North and North East walls. The areas have been recently pointed but water ingress continues. There is a small step (25mm) about 11ft up the exterior where a wooden walkway was located. The builder has mortared this creating a slope of mortar. Was this the right thing for him to do as I understood pointing only works where it is flush with the stone?
There are signs that porches have been ripped away over the two doors and the flahing there looks very very old. What specific problems would a 10 degree slope cause and how do I combat them especially when creating new porches?

Hope somebody can help.

Cheers

Last edited by Windy Miller : October 14th 05 at 08:24 AM