Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Default How to add ground buss bar

No wrote:

I would think, like others said, that a new panel might be in order.
But, and maybe I'm stating the obvious, you probably just cant upgrade
from say a 100A to a 200A pannel without also upgrading the main
service wires. Not a job for you most likely.

No one has suggested adding a sub pannel. If you are not over loading
then that may be OK.

My advice is free, take it for what its worth.

The sub panel idea warrants some investigation. If the main panel will
take the new loads, replace two breakers with a 2-pole sized for the sub
panel load. Move a few existing circuits to the sub panel and add the
new ones in there as well. If possible, buy the same brand sub panel as
the main and you won't waste any breakers. The OP also won't have to
de-energize the whole house until the inspection is complete.

--
Paul Hovnanian
We are confronted with insurmountable opportunities.