Default circuit suddenly dead - why?

I just found another outlet, in a bedroom next to the one that
originally caused a problem, that is dead.

In all of the dead outlets I have no voltage between hot and neutral
and no voltage between hot and ground.

I just putlled out the first dead outlet that I found, and it looks
fine. All of the connections are tight. When I touched my tester on
the hot and neutral screws and on the hot and ground screws, there was
no voltage.

This seems bizarre to me. Everything worked fine a few hours ago and
has been working fine since I bought the house three years ago.

mh