FACE

Default Thinking of expanding foam for window opening insulation

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 05:21:54 -0400, FACE
wrote:

Looking for ideas here. Yes,i know there is a wealth on the web.

Having almost finished painting the house, i noticed that there are
openings around the window installations of 1/8" to 1/4" on the second
floor.

I am thinking of filling these voids with low expanding foam as
insulation -- product "Great Stuff". Besides being messy as hell, it
seems like the ticket since i can't find pitch-soaked cord. G

Thoughts on this?

Thanks,

FACE

Thanks to all who responded. I will keep your advice and product
ideas in mind.

(BTW, Sleepdog, I have been there on the expanding out from the
finished area bit with the bay window and did use a utility knife to
trim it flush before repainting.)

FACE