RBM

Default circuit suddenly dead - why?

Sounds like you have an open neutral. Use a test light and see if you get
120 volts between the "hot" slot of the outlet and the ground. Most likely
the neutral wire has come loose in an adjacent outlet. Try plugging a lamp
into a "dead" outlet,(make sure its in the on position) and bang on each
adjacent outlet to see if the vibration at any outlets causes the light to
come on or flicker. If it does, open that outlet and check the connections,
especially back stabbed connections

wrote in message
ups.com...
My house has a multi-branch circuit on it. This circuit supplies power
to a few bedrooms and a bathroom. The two breakers that supply power
to the circuit are 20amp each.

At 7pm tonight I turned on a few things in one bedroom. This bedroom
has two duplex outlets. Everything I turned on worked. At 7:15pm the
entire room had no power. Neither the outlet I was using at 7pm had
power nor did the room's other outlet.

I checked the two breakers that supply the circuit; neither had
tripped. There are no gfi outlets involved. In the panel I checked
the hot and neutral wires for the circuit; all are tightly attached.
All of the other bedrooms in the house had power at 7:15pm with no
obvious issues.

What on earth could cause this? How would I troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks,

mh