Jim Adney

Default Early Sony Beta-era schematic needed

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 03:09:50 GMT Ken Weitzel wrote:

Glad you got it; sorry it's not of as much help as we'd hoped. Had my
fingers crossed that the ac-2 would be at least related to ac-220

I dunno what language those characters are... it's all Greek to me

I got the pages pasted together with PhotoShop today and printed it
out on our plotter at work. Now all I have to do is find our local
native Arabic speaker. He was out of his office every time I tried to
find him today, but I'm pretty sure this is Arabic. It will be
interesting to see if it tells us what this is actually for.

I'll let you know what I find out.

Years ago I used to run a BBS, if you're old enough to know what that
was... a huge one. (wrote shareware) Had over 3 million files
available for download in its heyday, including an enormous collection
of schematics and other service related stuff.

Oh, yes, I remember, and sometimes regret, the demise of BBS. I guess
that I have to admit that Newsgroups are even better, however, because
the audience is larger. Well, USUALLY that's a good thing. ;-)

Board is long since down, but I still have all of it, capable of
running (winserver), and all the hundreds of CD's, so I simply
started it up and searched file descriptions for sony + vcr and came
up with this one.

Wow, that certainly sounds like it might have required a lot of
effort. Did you have to run thru lots of CDs, or do you have an index
that is more readily accessible?

At any rate, I'm still looking for a schematic for a Sony AC-220.

Thanks very much for all your efforts, Ken.

-
Jim Adney
Madison, WI 53711 USA