Michael Mcneil

Default Lidl tools

I am not interested in buying expensive tools that work well PJ, your
posts are masterpieces of logic. It explains how a length of extrusion
at £100 a ton can cost £100 or £10 for a 12 inch length depending on who
put the bubbles in in a remarkably lucid way.

It doesn't explain why the Japanese could import steel and etc turn it
into a motor car and transport it clear across the world and sell it
cheaper at a profit than British Leyland could produce and sell Mini at
a loss. As for VFM, a 1970's Marina would be worth what in today's
money? I would love to have another Datsun Violet.

Being in the trade and using these things regularly I would still like
to know why a 4' level costs £44 and a 2' level cost me £17. I admit all
a while ago and both fair quality.

I have never bought a cheap level that was worth having, hence the
original question.

As for Ferm tools: I was using one this week. The 32V hammer drill -not
SDS. After the first day when it went from fully charged but unused to
flat in less than a dozen holes into concrete I was able to use it all
day.

Not a patch on an SDS but not an SDS. I would never have expected such
capabilities from a battery drill that costs £55 a few days ago. I had
considered getting a battery SDS but for the occasional use I have for
one I'd as soon have two of those. When one packs up or gets stolen I
just go and get the other one.

Quality is all very well but today's crop of childen are more likely to
be criminals than citizens in 4 or 5 years time and the damage a crack
addict can do at the moment is bad enough. So I am not looking to stock
my shed with expensive toys for them to get hold of thanks.