Wayne Cook

Default Crimping large cable lugs without a crimper

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 18:37:05 -0400, Spehro Pefhany
wrote:

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 18:20:28 -0400, the renowned Ned Simmons
wrote:

I have the same crimpers. The stripe pattern on the
terminal barrel indicates how many crimps to make. I
suspect the dies that Spehro is describing make the
required number of crimps in one shot.

Ned Simmons

Yes, one shot.

BTW, here's an interesting product that might help-- I have not seen
these before- they look like a sort of collet terminal:

http://www.thesustainablevillage.com...2002_Tools.pdf

The hammer type crimper is on that page as well. I'm not fond of
them myself at least when used with a hammer. You never know when
you've got enough crimp or to much. I'm sure they'd work ok in a
press.

Wayne Cook
Shamrock, TX
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/waynecook/index.htm