RicodJour

Default Can I buy / order doors like this?

wrote:
I just built a small shed following a set of plans.

I am a pretty good DIYer but I did not realize the double composite
doors for this project were to b build from scratch - I thought they
were a simple order item. I am coming up on fall, am incredibly busy
and not sure I hav the skill (or patience) to complete this task of
building dooors, locksets, jambs, etc all from scratch.

Here is a picture of the final doors I am doing for on the shed design
plan:

http://207.234.221.182/staging/doors.jpg

HomeDepot said they didnt hav anythign like that and tat I should buy
to basic stock doors and build jams and rest from scratch.

Just want to check with you guys to make sure that is my fate on this
one ....

It's not that big of a deal to make the jamb, but ordering a pair of
prehung doors from your local lumberyard or commercial door supplier
would probably be quickest and help with your time crunch. Yellow
Pages is the way to go.

You might also look into buying a knock-down frame (KD). That combines
the jambs and casings into a rolled steel channel arrangement with the
frame already mortised and reinforced for the hinges. Then you'd just
have to buy a couple of door blanks and mortise them for the hinges and
hardware.