SQLit

Default Alternative utility providers

wrote in message
oups.com...
Does anyone have experience with changing their utility providers (Gas
and Electric) to save money? Other than the charge (per ccf for gas,
or per kwh for electric), are there any other considerations (fees) to
be aware of when you change?

It appears that if I change electric, I can reduce my bill by $.05/kwh,
but I would still need to pay for transport charges to my original
provider. That small reduction is enough to be attractive to me, but I
don't fully understand how changing the supplier for the same current
can be so much less expensive (40% in this case).

For gas, I'm looking at variable rates vs. fixed rate contracts, with
ceilings, fees, etc.

Thank you,
Dave

With out knowing your areas rules and laws there is no way to answer you.

Arizona toyed with this for couple of years. The utility commission said
that they had to allow customers to change. The utilities sued the
commission cause every proposal that they provided was denied. When the dust
had settled the law became mute. NOT one utility wanted a single customer
less than 100kw of load. So that meant a person could not change but an area
could. Several tried and there was always a hold out and they could not
force the change on the hold outs (state law).

Call the utility commission/regulators in your area.

Me thinks it will COST you to change.

Remember when the deregulation of the phones happened? My phone bill has
doubled since the deregulation.