PJ

Default Lidl tools

besides, at that price they are almost disposable

I bought a Makita drill 21 years ago. I used it daily for my work and when I
changed career I used it for the odd job. I have used it a lot recently
because I've been doing loads of work on my house. It cost me £90+ 21 years
ago and since then it's had one set of brushes and two replacement chucks
(my fault cos I hit them with hammer when I lose the key!). It still works
perfectly well. £90+ for a drill 21 years ago was a small fortune. B&D
professional drills were around £35. Thing is though that I know when I pick
the drill up it will work and it will work well. It's proved to be a damn
good investment. I also have a Makita angle grinder and sander which I've
had for 15+ years and they've never let me down. I bought quality
engineering and reliability. Buy your cheap screwfix Ferm gear or your Lidl
similar ****e and you don't get that level of reliability. Like you say,
they're disposable but at 9am at night when it packs up half way through a
job you may wish you'd bought better.