Tattooed and Dusty

Default Keeping my tools rust free

So I looked around the archives some, and didn't find an answer to
this, sorry if I missed something obvious.

I am planning to transition all my nice hand tools into a series of
wall cabinets with glass doors, and am trying to find a good way to
keep the inside of the cases dry. I like in Portland, Or and work in a
basement location, that gets really humid sometimes. I am tried of
reaching for an odd plane or chisel only to find surface rust on it.

I come from a science background, and am used to using a compound
called Drierite. I looked into ordering it for home use, it's cheap and
easy to order. Basically I would place a container of it at the base of
each cabinet, and it would soak up moisture. It has to be recharged
every "so often" but is relatively easy to do. Has anyone used this
product for this purpose? Is there something easier, cheaper, or better
I should look into.

Thanks in advance for the help

Andrew