Fletis Humplebacker

Default Some Thought On Intelligent Design - WAS: OT Is George BushDrinking?

Fletis Humplebacker wrote:

No. A materialistic approach to science. You have no
basis for declaring that a materialistic approach to science
implies a materialistic approach to everything.

Then you didn't understand my point. If science is misused to
teach and/or imply that there are natural answers to all of
creation it goes beyond a materiatistic approach to science,
it is proselytizing a materialistic faith. That's what's going on
in public education. That's wrong and it needs to be corrected.

As I understand it, you consider nonevocation of God to be
equivalent to evocation of atheism.

No, I said many times what my point was. Science doesn't know
for certain that materialistic answers for everything will be found,
yet that is the approach taken by public education.

I understand that position to be contrary to logic.

I certainly would argue that, from a scientific perspective,
it is wrong to teach that science will or can answer all
questions. But to move from that position to an affirmation
of 'ID' requires, literally, a leap of faith.

No more faith than what is being taught now. It takes more faith to
believe it's all a happy accident. Some balance in school would be
the logical answer.