Andy Hall

Default Rabbits

On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 21:43:25 +0100, "Kevin Rayner"
wrote:

What size mesh would I have to put on the bottom of my sons' rabbit hutch to
stop the little buggers digging their way out, rabbits that is.

Thanks

Kevin

When we had a rabbit and a guinea pig, I made a wooden hutch where I
lined the interior with acrylic sheet cut to size and siliconed in
place.

Hay and bedding material were put inside in the usual way.

There were no attempts at chewing or escape and it was very easy to
keep clean and hygienic.

I wouldn't put mesh as the floor of a hutch with nothing underneath -
that would be pretty uncomfortable for the rabbit. If on a surface
such as wood you are going to have problems of bits getting caught
underneath the mesh

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl