Jerry Martes

Default Jerry Martes

"Chuck Sherwood" wrote in message
I have no expectation that I'll ever use a 3 phase motor fed single
phase.
I was just curious.

I have a 10 inch baldor pedistal grinder. It is 3ph and I have a
static phase converted hooked to it. It starts and runs but I have
never been happy with the amount of vibration. I am now wondering
if it will run smoother with a VFD. Is it worth hooking it up
to find out? or am I wasting my time.

chuck

Chuch

Motor theory (and my dyno experiments) does show that the tool motor
torque goes to zero while it is rotating and fed single phase. That results
in some "vibration" at heavy loads.
Does your grinder vibrate only when heavily loaded?

Jerry