Eric R Snow

Default Crimping large cable lugs without a crimper

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 16:08:23 GMT, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
wrote:

"Ignoramus25589" wrote in message
I will soon need to crimp many terminals on many short, but thick, 1
gauge or 0 gauge cables.

Crimpers are just too expensive.

Is there some way to get acceptable crimps without a crimper.

I guess, also, that I could buy one on ebay and later sell it, but I
would prefer to avoid that.

Sure there is. Buy an inexpensive pair of Chinkalloy bolt cutters, and
grind the profile you need into the blades. You can probably have the tool
for $12.00 and a half-hour's work.

LLoyd

Greetings Lloyd,
Not to be too "politically correct" but I find "Chinkalloy" offensive.
Not because lots of stuff made in china is ****ty, but because the
word "Chink" is used to insult someone who is or is percieved to be
Chinese. It is not used as a descriptive term except in a way that is
designed to denigrate someone. And there is no doubt that the reason
so much stuff from China is of low quality is because the people
making it are told to do it that way. Used to be that "made in Japan"
or "made In Korea" was a pretty good indicator of quality. But now
Korea and Japan turn out excellent work. Anyway, I'm just a reformed
bigot who is trying not to be one and pointing stuff out like the
above helps a little. I'm sure you were not trying to be a bigot and
saying "Chinaalloy" really doesn't flow off the tongue so well but
there it is.
Cheers,
Eric R Snow,
Not trying to be the thought police, just excersing my freedom of
speech too.