Default Panasonic DVD #SA-HT75

The player was displaying "disk error". Figuring the disk had to spin
to be read, and wasn't, assumed a bad motor. I haven't aligned the hub
yet, because I thought the laser had to be reading a disk to be aligned
(feedback while aligning). The laser is emitting, but I was, and am
unfamiliar with focus and lock. I will check out the suggested
newsgroup for info that I am obviously in big need of. The cost of
replacing the motor is of no big deal to me, since I do this as a
hobby, and realize I will make these kind of mistakes along the way.
I'm not verify familiar with DVD repair or operation, which is why I
was unaware of the above focus, lock, etc. You mentioned the motor will
receive a voltage to prevent coming on? Do you know what the normal
operating voltage/and shut down voltage should be? I'll post
results/more questions as I get them. I do appreciate the reply and
info. Thanks to all.