Bob Shuman

Default Western Electric 302--- dial tone issues

Yes, out of circuit resistance measurements across the line inputs in both
on and off hook would be very useful. I also had suggested he verify the T
and R were not wired in reverse since that too would give the very same
symptoms (allow the phone to ring, but not go off hook properly). I've seen
no reply to that suggestion either.

As someone else has already said, it seems he has received a good deal of
advice and suggestions ...

Bob

"Don Bowey" wrote in message

Several people have asked the OP to measure the DC resistance of the phone
while it is off-hook and NOT connected to the line. I don't believe he

has
responded.