carl mciver

Default metal in the microwave (was " cleaning NOS cutting torch tips")

"jw" wrote in message
oups.com...

| For a fun trick, take that AOL CD and nuke it for a second or so.
Very
| cool patterns. The eddy currents swirling all over the place blow thin
| places like fuses, making for some nifty but brief fireworks. If you
can
| magnify the viewing as much as possible, you will find some really cool
| patterns burned into the aluminum film. The surface isn't so smooth
| anymore, though!
|
| Emphasize the 1 or 2 seconds. Anymore and the thing starts burning and
| you will never get that smell out of the microwave! It is pretty cool
| looking.

I guess that depends on how much you care about the microwave. At work
there are two microwaves that I donated, which left my house for one reason
or the other. The big one used to be an over the range whose replacement
fan cost two thirds the cost of a new one, so it became a table top. I
pushed the start button and just as fast hit the stop button. I only saw
the fireworks out of the corner of my eye; I wanted to make sure I didn't
miss the stop button! A fellow did come running because he thought I was
being stupid (well, kinda...)