s--p--o--n--i--x

Default CH plumbing - what's this?

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 12:19:11 +0100, chris French
wrote:

Been investigating the CH system (pretty old pumped CH/Gravity HW)
before I repair/upgrade it.

This device is in the CH flow pipe:

http://familyfrench.co.uk/temp/IMG_6761.jpg

For reference the pipe it is in is about 44 mm diameter (1 3/4 inch?)

The yellow label - along with the makers name and a BS mark says:

10.5/l 86 C (as in centigrade)

What is it?

I'd hazard a guess that it's a non-return valve as my CH system has a
weir (But different) valve on it.

It looks like it's a normal tap/valve type base but with a different
head on it. I recon there'll be a washer/spring type thingumajig in
there that lets the water through one way but not the other.

sponix