Ken Weitzel

Default Early Sony Beta-era schematic needed

Jim Adney wrote:

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 04:15:40 GMT Ken Weitzel wrote:

If someone out here had a zip of 4 gif's that can be pasted together
to produce the schematic of the power supply/timer section would
that be OK?

Ken,

I got the file you sent, but I haven't had time to print it out and
look at it closely. At first glance, however, it does not appear to
the schematic for the AC-220. It just has a power input board labeled
"AC-2."

I can't tell what this is for, but that's not Japanese; I think it's
Arabic. I can read a TINY bit of Japanese, enough to be sure this is
not Japanese, but not a bit of arabic, so I'm not so sure of what it
actually is.

Where did you come across this?

Thanks for offering to send it.

Hi Jim...

Glad you got it; sorry it's not of as much help as we'd hoped. Had my
fingers crossed that the ac-2 would be at least related to ac-220

I dunno what language those characters are... it's all Greek to me

Years ago I used to run a BBS, if you're old enough to know what that
was... a huge one. (wrote shareware) Had over 3 million files
available for download in its heyday, including an enormous collection
of schematics and other service related stuff.

Board is long since down, but I still have all of it, capable of
running (winserver), and all the hundreds of CD's, so I simply
started it up and searched file descriptions for sony + vcr and came
up with this one.

Take care.

Ken