ProdigySBC_SUX

Default sanity check on discard of my VCR

I have a Sony VCR Model # SLV-740HF (about 4-5 yrs old?) that died during a
recent storm during which we lost power several times. There were no
lightning strikes but high winds did bring power down a couple of times. A
day or so after, I went to turn on the unit and there was no response.

I am an electrical engineer so I was at least qualified to open it up and
further the damage. I removed the top and bottom covers, checked the line
input fuse (good), and looked around for burned components. I read AC on
the power supply board but on the test points of the regulated voltages (6V,
13V, 18V) there is no DC on any of them but I do see about 5VAC on the 18V
rail.

All the regulation circuitry appears to be in a rf shield/cage so I cannot
easily inspect this circuitry for visibly ruined components.

QUESTION: At this point this unit isn't really worth repairing is it?