Default Samsung DLP tv HLM617W color wheel

Disregard my last post. I had forgotten to plug ballast power back in. Light
works better with electricity attached.

Latest DLP experiments and results --

Samsung DLP set will run fine with color wheel mounted outside of light
tunnel, and shows in black and white, but will not run if color wheel motor
is unplugged.

After this test, set runs and picture very jittery as before. Took color
wheel out of motor mount. I then see a small infrared sensor, like used in
vcrs. It had some dust on it. I cleaned away the dust, and gently dusted the
wheel, but it looked clean anyway. I remounted wheel to frame and
restarted --

At this point picture is perfect, in black and white. I allowed to run some
hours while I did other work and errands. Stable as can be. I will remount
in light tunnel tomorrow and allow to run the day. If solid, will reassemble
and see how she does.

Cheers, Danny