JB

Default Static Phase Converter?

"Jerry Martes" wrote in message
news:6Ai3f.21174$Tn5.14651@trnddc08...

"JB" wrote in message
Hi Guys,

Once again I am here with my hat in hand humbly requesting your
assistance. As some of you know, I am in the process of purchasing a
Colchester Circa 1960's MK 1 1/2 lathe. It has a two speed 5hp 3 phase
motor. Will I be able to run it successfully on a static phase
converter?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Regards.

Joe...

Joe

I am pretty sure you would be content with the performance of a lathe at
home with a 5 HP 3 phase motor powered with single phase.
You probably wont be content with its performance if you intend to run it
loaded over about 4 HP for extended periods.
I'm impressed with the ability of a lathe like that being able to reverse
quite quickly.

Jerry

Jerry,

Thanks for the help. I don't think I'll be loading it up over 4 HP,
especially for long periods of time. My other concern is whether the two
speed motor will work with a static converter. Some say yes, some say no
and some say maybe.

Thanks again.

Joe...