Richard W.

Default Small engine head gasket material?

"andy" wrote in message
oups.com...

Thanks for all the replys!
Since the engine is currently installed in a small sailboat, I wanted
to minimze the time that the head was off the engine. I checked the
head for flatness, and it looked ok. The engine was reassembled using
more "automotive type" gasket material with high-tack on both sides,
hopefully this will hold up for the remaining few weeks of the season
here in Lynn. Once the boat is in the driveway, I will check the block
for flatness, and investigate sheet copper gaskets. I will also check
out the olson fellow for a replacement.

Thanks again for all the replys from copper to locktite to asbestos to
cap'n crunch +foil.

Best regards,
Andy Hall

A material called clinger 1000 is supposed to work really well, and you can
cut one out in a few minutes.