John Smith

Default Electrical garden shears or the old fashioned ones?

"Spider" wrote in message

wrote in message ...
In uk.rec.gardening Spider wrote:

IF you do consider an electrical tool, please use a circuit-breaker
from

the
start - don't wait until you've had an accident.

You mean an RCD, a "circuit-breaker" doesn't necessarily mean an RCD
though an RCD is one sort of circuit breaker.

If your house is modern or has been fairly recently rewired all sockets
which 'might be used for appliances outdoors' must have RCD protection
anyway, this will be in the consumer unit (Fuse box). Thus additional
protection is unnecessary and can even be a bit dangerous as there
will be no discrimination between the RCDs.

--
Chris Green

Thanks for clarifying, Chris.
Spider

I had a look at B&Q but they only do electrical gardening cutting tools. I
was surprised to see that an identical page turned up on the Homebase site
as on the Argos site when I did a search for "shears" - the difference being
that the Homebase site does not have the products in the shop. So it looks
like Argos as my local garden centre is notorious, IMPO, for being very
expensive.