Martin Carroll

Default repairing cleaning Bathstone fireplace

In the house I am renovating there are some quite nice Bath stone
fireplaces. They are in need of some tlc and I was wondering what the
best method was of cleaning them up. The stone is pretty soft so a hard
wire brush is out.

There are a few chips in the edges so It might be an idea to try and
chamfer them. Is this an easy job to do, what is the best tool for the
job.

One of the fireplaces did have a back boiler and there is a quite large
crater in the side wall where the pipes entered, is there any way of
filling this hole sympathetically?

Cheers

Martin
--