Amun

Default Finishing Oak Baseboards

"Christopher Riley" wrote in message
Hello,

I have stripped the red oak baseboards in a room of my 1920's house and

are
now wondering how best to finish them. They are sanded down to bare wood,
and I am not interested in staining them.

I was thinking of using Danish Oil; anyone have experience using that on

oak
baseboards (and two door frames, as well)? Other suggestions?

Thanks for you help!

Chris

As you will be the one living with it whatever you prefer is best.

Just remember that stain is not just for color but also can help hide/fill
some flaws, and protect the wood if it's in a room where sunlight hits it.
Also all oil will darken wood over time, and you will have to keep
maintaining it.

AMUN