GregS

Default Thermal Grease/Adhesive (?)

In article , "Geoff Wood" wrote:

"GregS" wrote in message news:dijfd2

I was building amps from STK modules. I studied the mating surfaces.
Ideally metal to metal contact is best, even the anodized surfaces
should be milled down. So I was taking the STK module and
sanding it down flat. It really wasn't very flat. I had to start out
with a flat surface for the sandpaper! After much work, I got it
to the point I felt was OK. Even a flat etched surface is worse than a
mirrored
flat surface. Very very little grease is needed if everything is smooth
and flat.

They don't suffer from thermal problem when mounted conventionally, with a
dab of heatsink compound, so why bother ?!!!

All a bit OTT consuidering the STK modules don't sound that great in the
first place.

geoff

Sounds good enough for the common man. Running the 200 watt modules,
now extinct, but rugged as hell. I ran at reduced voltage for 200 watts at 4 ohms.
I was actually driving nearer 3 ohms at one time.

greg