Gerald Ross

Default Musing about "that one last cut" --take it or leave it?

Tom Nie wrote:
SORRY - not flawless. Their concession to production work was the tiny X on
the bottom of stuff. They cut from rough sawn planks and didn't use chucks.

TomNie

All this reminds me. When I left Japan, my Mama-San bought me a
beautiful ceramic tea cup (mug). It had a deep notch cut in the rim of
the base. She explained that a century or so ago, this company's wares
so impressed the Emperor that they made an agreement that all their
perfect pieces would be sent to the Emperor. Over the years their skills
improved so that they consider most of their wares "perfect", so to make
a living they cut a notch in most of them and sell them.

Nice trademark. I think my cup cost about $30.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

The early worm gets the bird.