Casey Rafa

Default Wood grain filler

Thanks guys,

I followed George Cafthon suggestion. I found in my neighborhood kitchen
cabinet shop, and I went there to see if they would help me. I am 76 y
old and I am making some furniture pieces as a hobby, so to spend $17
for grain filler just for one, or two pieces is a little too much for
me.

Shop owner - seeing old man in need - decided to help me. He asked me if
I have clear sanding sealer - and I have - so he gave me some powder
with instruction to put first stain, after it dries, put one coat of
sealer, after it dries, mix some this powder with sending sealer to make
paste , and with rubber spatula - he gave me - fill all the grain.
Leave it to dry over night, and next day sand it with 220 sandpaper, and
put 2-3 coats of polyurethane.

Tanks, again everybody.

Casey.