Christopher Tidy

Default Jerry Martes

Jerry Martes wrote:
Hi Chris

Don foreman told me that you are possibly interested in the data Don and I
collected with the eddy current dyno. No, I didnt write up the results. I
couldnt find anyone interested in knowing the facts.
I have an interesting set of curves showing how a 3 HP 3 phase motor is
capable of producing power from single phase, with - and - without an idler.
I'd be happy to send you the Excel plots and acquired data from the dyno.

It is my observation that the biggest idler provides the best 3 phase.
That is *no* surprise. What does surprise me is; the 3 phase tool motor
will deliver very nearly the same power with *no* idler as with a Big idler
when loaded to no more than 2/3 the tool motor's name plate HP. And, a 3
phase motor will deliver its Full name plate rated HP when driven by single
phase.
There is certainly limits to how the 3 phase motor will deliver full power
when fully loaded. But, the statement about a 3 phase motor being able to
produce no more than 2/3 it's name plate HP, is not accurate.

E-mail me to get copies of the Excel data on the 3 HP 3 phase motor with
and without the 5 HP idler.

Jerry

Thanks very much, Jerry. I've just sent you an e-mail.

Best wishes,

Chris