Martin Wiseman

Default Wiring diagram for old central heating system

Hi,

The "diverter valve" has gone bang on my mum's central heating system
and we are told that it is obsolete.

The system looks very much like a modern Y plan system - fully pumped, 3
port valve, separate timed control of heating and hot water, etc. The
only difference from a modern Y plan system is that the wiring box
contains a relay.

The plumber is being useless, so I may have to do the work myself, it
should be a straightforward task to replace the "diverter valve" with a
modern 3 position valve and replace the wiring centre with a modern one
without the relay.

The tedious bit will be identifying all the unlabelled wires coming into
the wiring centre - a task which would be made a lot simpler if I had a
wiring diagram.

Does anyone recognise the description of the system and have a wiring
diagram they could scan for me (or point me to one on the Internet). The
system is of mid 70's vintage (1976 or 1977 I think) and the diverter
valve and wiring centre are made by Satchwell. Unfortunately I am unable
to see any part number on the diverter valve.

TIA,
Martin.