Paul

Default condensation on new double glazed windows...

On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 11:59:45 +0100, John Laird
wrote:

On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 10:19:55 GMT, dkh wrote:

We got new upvc double glazed windows fitted to the front of our house this
week.

My wife is convinced that all our condensations problems on windows would
disappear (we had pretty bad condensation on the old single pane sash
windows)

However this morning we noticed that the windows in our bedroom were a bit
(not enough to need wiped down) steamed up (say bottom 15-20% of each pane)

There was no condensation on any other of the new windows but there was a
bit on each pane in our bedroom (6 panes).

Some condensation on DG is to be expected. To eliminate it completely, you
would need better insulation around the frame (it's conduction through that
which leads to the glass getting cold enough for moist air to condense out).
I think some makes are better than others in this respect.

I think John has the answer here, we are on our 4th home in 3 years,
the last one was a bungalow with cheap DG, on cold mornings the
windows had condensation around the lower parts of the window pane and
frame. Our current house has a much higher quality DG, thicker
chunkier frames, these show no condensation at all.

Humidity gauge shows the same levels of humidity in both properties.

Paul