Andrew Gabriel

Default Good place to buy secondary heat exchanger for Britony Combi 80 boiler?

In article ,
(Ed S) writes:
Can anyone advise where is a good place to buy secondary heat
exchanger for Britony Combi 80 boiler? In the past, I have usually
bought locally from the Plumb Centre, but price was high. (about £100,
IIRC). I'd like to buy one now, before the current one gets scaled
up. Mail order, perhaps... I live in a very hard water area and it
seems I have to replace the thing almost every year.

Is there some reason you don't take it out now (before it
completely blocks) and descale it? I descalled one on a
Baxi a couple of weeks ago -- it was very easy and made
the boiler work much better.

--
Andrew Gabriel