udarrell

Default higher efficiency ACs

m Ransley wrote:

As others said just to replace it for efficiency may not pay back. But
you give to little information for help, location, yearly cost to
operate, system condition, system efficiency, house insulation, present
and anticipated Kwh cost and present sizing are important. To go from a
12- 14 seer savings will be not great , maybe 15%. Going to a 19.5 seer
"might save" 35-40%. The Trane website has a page "Efficiency and Savings"
for Ac units that I pulled those numbers from. Research and run your
numbers, that is the only way for you to learn and know.

There are a multiplicity of factors affecting whether a lot higher SEER
will actually deliver the pro ported savings differential.

If Stretch installs it, --he will probably tell them what all is
necessary to get close to achieving the ultra high SEER rated matched
systems'.
Changing from a 12-SEER to say a 19-SEER may not work properly or
achieve any appreciable savings, without making several other requisite
changes in the ductwork, etc.

Turtle, what you meant to say was that the higher humidity would make
them set the thermostat much lower, to try to feel comfortable; which
would result in very high unnecessary energy consumption costs! I agree
with your comments and the other posts. - udarrell

--
Crank Your Air-Conditioner Up To Specs
http://www.udarrell.com/air-conditio...city-seer.html