RicodJour

Default Walkway slope

Wayne Whitney wrote:
Hello,

I'm regrading my 6' wide sideyard to slope away from the house 2% (1"
per 4'). I'm going to put in a 2' wide brick walkway along the length
of the the side yard. Should I maintain the 2% slope across the width
of the walkway (one side 1/2" below the other), or will that feel
"crooked"? I have some slope along the length of the walk as well, so
even if I reduce the side-to-side slope to 1%, the total slope will be
over 2%.

Considering that most people have one leg that is longer than the
other, it makes perfect sense. Unfortunately some people will only be
able to walk up the walk, while others will only be able to walk down
it.

Since you already have the slope in one direction, you could cut the
slope in the other direction, across the walk, down to half. 1/8" per
foot would be fine.