Stretch

Default higher efficiency ACs

It depends on your climate and cost of power. Wgere are you and what
do you pay for electricity? If your old unit is working fine, not
costing you a lot in repair bills and power bills are not biting your
wallet, I wouldn't bother changing it.

What you hear on talk radio is mostly opinion, not fact. (Mostly BS)
sometimes it is a commercial disguised as information

I am replacing my 16 year old heat pump this year. It has developed a
Freon leak in a place that can't be fixed. My power bills are $150.00
average. I will put in 18.6 SEER Lennox. My power bills should drop
to about $110.00. I will do my own install as I am a Lennox dealer,
and I will get a price break on the unit since it is for my own home.
I live about 6 miles from ocean, so corrosion is a factor. We pay 8
cents per kilowatt hour.

If I knew your situation I could give a better answer.

Stretch