Ken Davey

Default Optical center punch

Tom Gardner wrote:
"BillP" wrote in message
news:R_83f.5525$MN6.2038@fed1read04...
Tom Gardner wrote:
How did I ever live without this? In my little world, I have had
to mark and drill holes for bolts, threads and pins and have gotten
lucky and not so lucky. The mark of a good machinist is how well
he RECOVERS from little inaccuracies. My designs have always
included fudge-factors for eyeballed holes, as setting-up
edgefinders and using the BP for drilling every hole is just too
time consuming and relies on accurate edges, good math and
back-lash problems. My thanks to the person that came up with the
optical center punch, it sure fills a spectrum of jobs. I think
this should be one of the first tools in a machinist's box!

How 'bout a link, Tom?

I googled it and found a bunch. I bought one from one of my
customers, "Production Tool Supply" but, I would recommend
Fowler...just because Fred is such a good guy...and it's $10 cheaper!

This is the one I use
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=2&p=45502&cat=1,42936,50298

Ken.