Tom Gardner

Default Optical center punch

"BillP" wrote in message
news:R_83f.5525$MN6.2038@fed1read04...
Tom Gardner wrote:
How did I ever live without this? In my little world, I have had to mark
and drill holes for bolts, threads and pins and have gotten lucky and not
so lucky. The mark of a good machinist is how well he RECOVERS from
little inaccuracies. My designs have always included fudge-factors for
eyeballed holes, as setting-up edgefinders and using the BP for drilling
every hole is just too time consuming and relies on accurate edges, good
math and back-lash problems. My thanks to the person that came up with
the optical center punch, it sure fills a spectrum of jobs. I think this
should be one of the first tools in a machinist's box!

How 'bout a link, Tom?

I googled it and found a bunch. I bought one from one of my customers,
"Production Tool Supply" but, I would recommend Fowler...just because Fred
is such a good guy...and it's $10 cheaper!