Richard Kanarek

Default Brake Fluid - Alternative Use?

X-No-Archive

Greetings,

PMBI, but I've been wondering how to get rid of some brake fluid (DOT
4), and this seemed like a great opportunity to ask.

I change the brake fluid in by bike (Honda, not Schwinn :-) every
year, and the stuff is starting to accumulate (a bit more than one
quart so far). Is it safe to flush, or does it require some sort of
special disposal? I asked at my local gas station, and they had no
idea what to do with used brake fluid!

Thanks in advance for the assistance!

Cordially,
Richard Kanarek

P.S. Having been stored out doors, in sealed, but probably not
hermitically sealed, bottles, I doubt it's still good for anything
now. Still, if there is someone in NYC who's keen on having used brake
fluid, feel free to reply! My e-mail address is obfuscated, but I
think you can figure it out!