Default Tile around or behind kitchen hood and chimney?

I have a new kitchen installed with a nice new stainless steel hood and
chimney above the hob. My father in law (who I call a BIY expert -
"Bodge It Yourself") insists I should tile around these fittings. I
think it will look crap, will be hard to cut the angles to look nice
and I don't think having grout and/or sealant around the edges will be
that nice. I want to take the hood and chimney off and tile behind but
my first attempts indicate that the kitchen fitters used black magik to
get them into place and it will be hard to remove them.

So should I persevere or just bodge it?