Barry Lennox

Default Magnets from old PCs?

On 11 Oct 2005 07:39:01 -0700, "Jay Pique"
wrote:

Are there usable magnets in old computers that might be good for making
things in a woodshop - like magnetic featherboards? And if so, are
they worth the trouble of getting them out?

Yes, but then I'm a packrat. And don't overlook old microwave ovens,
there's a couple of great doughnut-shaped magnets in each magnetron.

Be careful of the high voltage cap tho, short it out with a
screwdriver, I have never found one live yet (they have a built-in
bleeder resistor) but Murphy may live in your street.

Barry Lennox