TURTLE

Default higher efficiency ACs

"stevie" wrote in message ...
heard a guy on talk radio state that higher efficiency air conditioners are
a waste of money.

unfortunately, i didn't get his reasoning, or what seer point is not worth
considering. i am considering replacing my 12 seer with a higher efficiency
unit. my current unit is about 16 years old, but still works (Trane).

is it advisable to replace my 12 seer with a higher seer?

This is Turtle.

To change a system out because you want better saving on the hvac system and
only go from a 12 seer to a 13 or 14 seer is not advisiable. saying this is
saying i'm going to trade in my 12 mile per gallion car in a new 13 or 14 miles
to the gallion car and cost me a bundle to trade cars to save a little on the
cost of fuel. Now if you wear out your 12 seer or the 12 seer breaks down. Go
for the higher seers but just don't go because of saving all this money that you
will loose buying a new system.

If your having trouble, just need a new system , or it is broken down. GO with
the higher seers but just don't go for the saving you will get by paying a lot
to get a little in return.

Now this maybe what the fellow was talking about of the higher seer not paying
for the high cost of them.

If you live in the northern states a 12 seer is just about the highest seer that
you need. If you live in the southern states the 12 seer is just about the
lowest seer you should have.

Also there is a problem with the higher seer units in higher humidity areas
which the high seer units tend to not get the water vapor out of the air and
then you have to run at higher temperatures in your house to feel cool. This is
all still being debated and will may one day figure it out. Until then read and
use the above info.

TURTLE