Stormin Mormon

Default Cordless Screwdriver, How to Test: Dead Battery or Charger?

Take a good look at the square black plug. Usually says the output voltage.
I'd guess 4 or 5 volts. You can usually read the terminals where the charge
stand touches the cordless device. The terminals should be near to the
voltage that's listed on the plug.

I did a quick Froogle search, these gadgets start at about $100, so it's
worth some trouble shooting.

--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

"Neal" wrote in message
news5G2f.4384$Iq3.3297@trndny01...
I'm hoping someone here can advise me.
I have a Milwaukee Cordless Screwdriver #6539-1. It takes a smallish
rechargable battery: Milwaukee 2-4 Volt Battery Cat No. 48-11-0100.
When the battery is in the charger, the red charger status LED lights dimly,
but the battery has ZERO juice when removed.
How can I test to find wether the problem is with the battery or the battery
charger? I do not have a spare battery to confirm. I do have a decent
multimeter , jI'm ust not sure how to go about the diagnostic testing.
Thanks a bunch for any guidance.
Cheers, Neal