RicodJour

Default Punching a hole in a leather belt

miamicuse wrote:
I got a new leather belt as a belt but I need just one more hole (it's a
little too loose). Can this be done by myself? I suppose not - perhaps a
special tool is needed and I don't want to ruin it by trying a drill or
dremel tool (tempting though...) If I let the pro do it should I take it to
a tailor shop or a shoe repair place?

A drill would give you a kind of ragged hole, not a clean punched hole.
It'd work and might be okay, but if you want a clean hole a hole punch
is the way to go. A shoe repair place is the right place to go.

The hole punch looks like a pliers with a spoked wheel turret on one
jaw. The turret is rotated until the correct size hole punch is
selected and then the hole is located and the pliers squeezed shut.
The punch itself is a hollow tube.

It will take the guy 30 seconds if he's slow and has to locate the
punch. Shouldn't cost more than a buck or two.